Governor Ducey’s most recent Executive Order 2020-32 authorizes Dentists to resume patient treatment. This includes all general dentistry procedures, hygiene appointments and oral surgeries. The Arizona Department of Health Services has implemented minimum criteria that healthcare facilities must demonstrate prior to re-opening.
We want all patients to know that Brace Family Dentistry is going above and beyond these minimum criteria in order to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. In order to comply we are going to be implementing and enforcing the following changes to our check-in and clinical procedures:
1. ALL PATIENTS, EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS MUST BE SCREENED PRIOR TO ENTRY INTO THE CLINIC. This is to help maintain social distancing and minimize the spread of potential pathogens. Individuals will not be permitted into the clinic without being screened. No exceptions!
2. PATIENTS ARE ASKED TO STAY IN THEIR VEHICLES WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT THE CLINIC. Once parked, a call must be made to the office to alert the staff of their arrival. A member of our team will then come out to their vehicle and perform a simple screening procedure. A small questionnaire and a temperature will be administered. Patients will not be allowed into the clinic if they present with an elevated temperature, have a cough or are experiencing a shortness of breath. Individuals will not be allowed entry if they have a history of a recent fever, cough or been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual with-in the last 14 days.
3. THE WAITING ROOM IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED. This means all visitors must remain in their vehicles or outside the clinic. Legal guardians will be allowed entry to facility, but not onto the clinic floor.
4. HAND SANITIZER WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL PATIENTS UPON ARRIVAL. All patients are encouraged to utilize proper hand hygiene in order to minimize the potential spread of pathogens. Patient gloves are not permitted in the clinic.
5. PATIENTS ARE ASKED NOT TO TOUCH STAFF, DOORS AND THEIR MOUTHS. Again this an effort to minimize the spread of potential pathogens. Patient’s may be asked to wash their hands again if an accident occurs.
6. INCREASED STERILIZATION OF WAITING ROOM AND CLINIC FLOOR. In an effort to keep a sterile environment, the common areas and bathroom will be disinfected frequently.
Our team is committed to ensuring the safest environment possible for our patients. Please be patient with us as we try to accommodate and reschedule patients. Within the next few days, someone from our team should be contacting patients with cancelled appointments to get them rescheduled.
We are excited to serve you and look forward to seeing you soon!